Job Summary & Responsibilities
Our client, a world's leading manufacturer of glass packaging based in Zhanjiang (Guangdong Province), is looking for his Production Manager.
Reporting directly to the Plant Director, the core function will be driving the production of bare glass for the plant – covering batch & furnace, hot end, IS maintenance, cold end - to meet the requirements in quality, cost, delivery and safety (QCDS) and satisfy our customers
Your key responsibilities:
- Implement and enforce Management of Quality System, Health, Safety, Environment & Energy
- Ensure the smooth production to meet the demands of planning
- Manage production team of bare glass to ensure job changes in manufacturing and improve performance on line.
- Coordinate interventions with other workshops
- Ensure compliance with rules and cleanliness of its workshop
- Ensure EHS rules are respected
- Study new bottles projects sampling, with consideration of confirming the sampling date and management.
- Define and control the sampling-related parameters and ensure its smooth running
- Lead production review meetings
- Organize and monitor the work of Batch & Furnace, Hot End forming, IS maintenance, Cold End department
- Assess employees and their training needs
- Validate job change preparations and organization
- Propose action plan to answer customer complaints
- Participate production meeting and provides analysis and expertise to improve performance
- Participate decisions making process of production performance improvement
- Drive performance improvement realized by technical supervisor, technicians, shift leader and workers
- Contribute to production review and validate action plan for next production
- Participate in internal and external processes of continuous improvement
- Delivery & performance - Manage the glass production delivering the QCDS commitment and improving the overall performance: yield, production cost, quality level..etc...
- Process improvement - improve processes to support a higher performance, contribute to the redesign of cold-end (new equipment, improved flow..), stream-line the production organization
- HR - Establish a dynamic and quality oriented culture in production, manage & develop the team, contribute to new comers integration and stability of the team (currently high level of attrition in cold end), mitigate the risk of losing competencies by managing the age pyramid.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Strong technical background, 10-15 years of experience with industrial experience on production manager or similar role, if possible in the glass industry
- Knowledge of lean, continuous improvement... eager to lead and contribute to improvement initiatives
- Good leader and driving people, able to make change happen
- Customer oriented, quality minded
For more information about this role, please contact Nora at email@example.com.
Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
Timeo Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong.
Timeo-Performance also manages ExecBoardinAsia, a career consultancy and job discovery platform for top executives, and provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543
EA License number: 09C4169 / Reg 200811838D