We are recruiting a Principal / Senior R&D Engineer with at least 7 years of experience in IC or Smartcard packaging. The position will directly report to the Application Engineering Manager and will be in charge of the optimisation of packaging solutions for Smartcard.
- Bring an extensive expertise in chip packaging to improve our end users application knowledge,
- Understand current standards in substrate and packaging processes and propose optimisation of design for manufacturability,
- Define new packaging solutions for Smartcard enabling a better mechanical, thermal or electrical performance regarding the targeted applications,
- Propose new concept of advanced module packaging,
- Work closely with Engineering to optimise packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, standardisation,
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to be developed and validate packaging new designs.
- Participate in product introduction to deliver new products to market.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor efficiency, integration of process, handling, …
- Reports to the Application Engineering Manager. Work closely with global suppliers, R&D, process engineering, product management, operations, and sourcing.
- Travels required with different entities running packaging activities in France, Germany, and Thailand, Ready to travel at least 20% of the time to drive the development
- Must be able to manage multiple projects concurrently
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electronic or packaging engineering is required.
- Innovative, force of proposition
- Must have 7 years of experience in IC or smartcard packaging. Strong knowledge and understanding in assembly processes i.e. wire bond, surface mount, die attach, flip chip assembly and materials in IC packaging.
- Must be able to work independently, team player, able to work in worldwide organization and to liaise with various functions,
- Motivated by challenges and new developments.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
-Performance Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543
Reg 200811838D / EA License number: 09C4169