Your main mission will be to develop sales within the determined sales area in accordance with the strategy communicated hierarchically.
1. Prospect and maintain existing markets
- Constantly ensure development and profitability of the business by praising adequately the advantages of the company’s products in comparison to their competitors
- Collect market information (market orientations, customers’ and quality of product feedback) and report – make suggestions to appropriate hierarchical superiors
- Fulfill an agreed sales target (determined by sales quantity & sales amount)
2. Be responsible for adequate follow up on accounts
- Follow, with or without assistance, all elements relating to account management: forecasts, orders, stocks, shipments and deliveries, payments, late payments, claims and quality in relation internally with relevant departments and externally with clients
- Propose adequate quotations and pricing to clients based on the information collected from the plants (costs) and knowledge of the market, with approval of hierarchical superiors whenever necessary
- Negotiate on behalf of the company, and in agreement with, management policy and objectives
- Manage your assistants to make sure the company can insure optimum service to clients
- Help appraise service quality by participating in the organization and collection of yearly satisfaction survey
3. Act as a technical correspondent to clients and a liaison between the plant and clients
- Must be able to understand technical aspects of glass making and of the business of their clients; to update clients regularly on developments and news communicated by the technical and quality departments of the plant and make appropriate suggestions
4. Provide reports
- Make frequent reports to the management on a various topics (client visits, evolution of the business with client, target achievements, budgets, forecasts, and other relevant information)
- Maintain workplace and the office in compliance with company standards
- Ensure back up of colleagues during their leave
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, etc.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Have at least 5 years of experience in sales and the capacity to understand technical aspects of glass manufacturing is preferred
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to internal and external contacts
- Computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft office/ Outlook)
- Must be able to travel frequently to meet clients in order to represent the company and exchange the right information necessary for the smooth development of client portfolio; and attend appropriate exhibitions and professional meetings
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Have a good team spirit and can manage conflicts.
- Featuring analysis and synthesis, as well as writing skills abilities, you are able to communicate the results of your work
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
Timeo-Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Hong Kong. Timeo-Performance also manages ExecBoardinAsia, a career consultancy and job discovery platform for top executives, and provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading provider, Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543
Reg 200811838D / EA License number: 09C4169