Our client, a global Top 10 Airlines company, is looking for his Regional Field Pricing Executive.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director, the core function will be providing :
- Contribute to the achievements of the Business Plan targets by developing fare competitiveness in the market under the optimization policy of flights processed by RMP;
- Commit to a fast processing and ensure the reliability of the information (up and down on fares);
- Guarantee compliance with local fare rules of countries concerned;
- Maximize contribution of market to the proper management of inventory by RM (flight firming, information, compliance with fare procedures);
- Manage Country sales performance processes such as weekly RBR to ensure proper coordination of the sales initiatives.
Your key responsibilities
1. Design and implement the Structural, Tactical and Private pricing programs
- Participate in the devising of each market’s sales policy from a pricing angle especially for promotional actions. Assess the performance of the promotion and provide Return on Investment analysis to the Sales Managers;
- Negotiate with Revenue Management and Pricing and SINDC, the season grids (summer, winter), promotional fares and their application rules, the adjustments needed in the fare grids. The pricing structure and levels will be in line with the manager approval before implementation;
- Design private program such has Corporate Policy, Private Trade fares, Tour Operator, Groups, Students, VRF fares. Consolidate all benchmarking information from the sales team or Market Intelligence. Build a competitive offer, and negotiate with central pricing the final proposition. Explain to the sales team the structure, check filing, follow up the results and adjust if needed;
- Marine traffic and programs management: important in South East Asia, be the linking pin between Marine global manager and Marine Pricer and the sales team, including Marine Servicing Centre (IAS). Ensure Program competitively, checking filing and routing.
2. Secure internal communication between Pricing/Sales/Marketing
- Keep permanently informed of fare changes the local departments impacted by decisions related to pricing (Sales and Marketing teams);
- Keep up to date and reliable benchmark of the competition
3. Develop Market Intelligence
- Carry out intelligence over negotiated fares through all available sources (Sales teams, Direct Sales) and inform RMP, SINDC and DR’s Sales teams of any discrepancies;
- Inform RMP and SIN DC of occasional or structural changes (diversions, supplementary flights), in capacity offered by competition. When relevant, check competition’s booking classes availability, mainly regarding promotions;
- Communicate regularly and well ahead of time the schedule of local events to RM (trade shows, holiday leaves, conventions, sports, religious events, any special events…) likely to impact the market or the inbound traffic of the routes concerned.
4. Secure and Control Fare filing and display
- Check the update of CGAIRAFTERSALES along with the display of fare conditions and check the special offers in the market’s main GDS and set up the remedial actions accordingly;
- Follow-up the evolution of Distribution and local fare regulations and inform the departments concerned within the SIN.DC and RMP through market survey;
- Ensure new destination, new SPA, new codeshare agreements are properly integrating in the pricing programs and routings;
- In liaison with Revenue integrity and the Sales Team, ensure a regular follow up of the good use of fares by the trade partners (TO fares used in packages, double bookings, no show, collection of penalties, …).
5. Monitor availability and hunt for new interline partner opportunities
- Carry out intelligence over available connection on Region main partner (when relevant). Inform RMP, SIN.DC of the difficulties encountered;
- Monitor interline agreement performance.
6. Set and execute the Commercial Policies
- Benchmark other airlines program and build Corporate Policy along DC, Central Pricing and the Sales team;
- Set the earning scheme of the the BlueBiz program and Crescendo program;
- Support the sales team in the design of the Trade incentives. Validate the hypothesis and cash out forecast;
- Ensure efficient Distribution policy, including booking fees, credit surcharge;
- Participate to Performance monitoring and Rolling Forecast process.
7. Ensure Performance monitoring
- Analyse FWB booking data to identify opportunities or issue and alert the stakeholders;
- Organize regular RBR with the Country Sales Manager, Campaign Manager and E-Commerce Manager to decide and follow up on actions to reach budget targets;
- Contribute to the Rolling Forecast process by estimating the future revenue.
The responsibilities and tasks of the position are not limited to the above mentioned and change might occur in concert with the Direct Manager.
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- 3 years experience at least on pricing, fares and revenue roles
- Understanding of Airline Industry is a big plus
- Proficient on Excel
- Competitive awareness
- Analytical skills
- Business Orientation
- Strategic ability
- Initiative, autonomous, Planning & organizing competencies
- Team work and communication
- Negotiation skills
Kindly take note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. We thank you for your understanding.
Timeo-Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, and Hong Kong. Timeo-Performance also manages ExecBoardinAsia, a career consultancy and job discovery platform for top executives, and provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading provider, Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543