Job Summary & Responsibilities
Our client, a leading luxury brand, global manufacturer and distributor of luxury fashion, accessories and leather goods, is looking for a new Merchandising Manager for their office based in Shanghai, CHINA. You will be responsible for China market and will manage a team of 3 assistant merchandisers.
- Category product strategy, buying management and products assortment
- Products objectives and action plan
- Retail team support with a client oriented mindset
- Coordinate for a 360 degree support plan to related business functions
Identify and drive category product strategy
- Define and drive category product strategy, define the right product assortment for the right store and for the right client
- Ensure Paris team understand China market demands by providing qualitative feedback for products and competitors
- Ensure the market visit with Paris team to have a fruitful sharing and learning
- Manage the buying with Paris team in the showroom and market presentation
Define product objectives and action plan
- Define the objectives and action plans for all products.
- Integrate the lifecycle for all products: New products launch, existing products development, distribution strategy, contests for sales optimization, end of life management
- Ensure the stores obtain relevant and correct product information, sales strategies and selling techniques
- Oversee the product offer for stores and ensure stock quality
- Ensure adequate replenishment of permanents items, and order of seasonal items
Retail team support with a client oriented mindset
- Support Retail team for managing new product launch: training, on call information, phone/wechat support, monthly NIP training, weekly newsletter information sharing
- Support Retail for defining action plans, sales contest to optimize the sales on a monthly basis for existing and end of life products.
- Support Retail for the event/opening on stock preparation and on-sport support
- Support Retail for smooth and effective stock management
- Ensure a consistent and efficient visual merchandising, both image and sales driven, define the major focus for retail.
Coordinate for a 360 degree support plan to related business functions
- Work with other departments for various support plan for different business purpose, such as PR plan, holiday period, NP, existing icons, show products and light box etc.
- Work with Supply Chain team to ensure an optimal distribution for new product allocation, existing products forecast adjustment, retrieval plan and rebalancing actions.
- Work with Training team for product training, ad-hoc retail workshops and morning brief tools.
- Prepare retail meetings to deliver key messages from Merchandising team to retail.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in relevant function in the top tier brand, including at least 5 years management experience
- Buying experience is a must
- International exposure is a plus
- Outstanding product sensitivity and Fashion sense
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Strong training and presentation skills
- Excellent business acumen
- Proven ability in communication, convincing and motivating
- People and team management skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
Good command of Microsoft skills, especially in Excel and PowerPoint
Able to travel in average 50% of working time
Timeo-Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Bangkok. Timeo-Performance provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543 Reg 200811838D / EA License number: 09C4169