Our client, a global leading luxury brand, is looking for a new Universe manager for their flagship store in Hong Kong.
As a Universe Manager, you will be an ambassador to the Brand. You will take ownership of a Department, lead and coach a team of Managers and Client Advisors; provide full support to the Store Management in building Client relationships and drive the Department’s performance.
This position involves strong people management skills, very high standards of customer service, together with hands-on sales and operations responsibilities.
Team Management and Development
- Develop Managers to ensure teams deliver the brand’s promise to every client, through role modeling. Support them with consistent coaching, identify their development and training needs, and those of their team, partner with the Field Coach Trainer to tailor individual action plans
- Identify, recruit and develop talents, secure succession plans in collaboration with the Store Director
- Set individual and team goals; and sales targets; proactively assess and manage performance against expectations
- Manage and motivate the team to drive business; create a positive and harmonious work environment, foster cooperation between managers
Client and Business Development
- Support the team in building long term Client relationship, leveraging all clienteling tools
- Establish a Client-centric mindset in store to ensure the highest level of Client experience and support the Expert Advisors in the team in acting as style advisors to their Clients
- Communicate and inspire the team on corporate strategy and relevant business information (animate morning briefings, training…)
- Develop the business of your Department, by cultivating a comprehensive and strategic understanding of it and relating to all relevant stakeholders
- Define and implement action plans to boost business and maximize product performance, leveraging visual merchandizing, clienteling, training and team management
Selling and Floor Management
- Act as a role model demonstrating sales leadership to the team, supporting them with their own sales, foster cross-selling and Client repurchase
- Build and develop own Client portfolio
- Ensure business opportunities are maximized through efficient sales floor management, being a visible presence and support
- Provide consistent and qualitative feedback to the team, coach them on the spot and coach Managers in coaching their own teams
- Ensure policies, standards and company procedures are communicated and implemented
- Be accountable for inventory management
- Support Store Manager in staff planning (workforce management)
- Monitor store maintenance (depending on the store size)
- Organize communication with business partners such as department stores (if applicable)
Expected professional experience
- At least 10 years in-store experience in the retail industry, including 3 to 4 years in fashion / RTW
- At least 2 years experience as Store manager or Department manager in very large stores, involving direct management of large teams
- Knowledgeable on fashion trends, with styling experience preferred
- Good Clienteling and interpersonal skills
Expected skills and attitudes
- Role model/coach for the team
- High energy and passion for the brand
- Management skills
- Responsibility and ownership
- Professional attitude
Timeo-Performance provides recruitment, learning & development, and HR consulting services to companies in Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 2008 and has offices in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong and Bangkok. Timeo-Performance provides intercultural training as a joint-venture with the category leading Akteos.
We were founded with a vision to improve the world of work for everyone. We believe that engagement, empowerment and togetherness in our diversity is essential to lasting corporate integrity, ongoing innovation and outstanding business results. It is the purpose of each leader and the responsibility of everyone. People make the difference. We help our clients make this difference.
Timeo-Performance Pte Ltd - 150 Cecil Street, #15-01, Singapore 069543
Reg 200811838D / EA License number: 09C4169